The following are instructions for taking live streaming classes via the Webex Training video conferencing tool.
To attend via live streaming, first ensure you have access to:
- A desktop or laptop computer with a webcam, audio, and a microphone so you and the instructor can see each other and interact.
- Reliable internet access capable of video conferencing.
- Photo identification, which will be shared via video to verify student attendance. (Attendance is taken and requires that you show your ID at the beginning of class and remain on camera during the entire class.)
In addition to the instructor, each of the classes will be moderated by a team member to help everything run smoothly.
Prior to joining your upcoming live streaming class, complete the following items to achieve the best classroom experience:
1. If you are taking a USPAP Update course, have the 2020-2021 USPAP publication on hand. (We email you a link to download a PDF copy 48-hours before your course.)
2. If you are taking the Laws and Regulations for California Appraisers course, use a desktop or laptop (instead of a tablet or mobile device) because your class includes an exam. The testing functionality does not work well on smaller screens. Note: This is the only live streaming class that has an exam.
3. Test your webcam as you’ll be required to use your webcam during the entire course. It is a state requirement that you have the camera on during the entire class. Please note that 100% attendance for the duration of the class is required to earn continuing education (CE) credit for each class.
4. Have a photo ID available to present via webcam to confirm your identity at the beginning of each class. This is also a state requirement.
5. Plan on joining your class 30 minutes early to ensure a successful log in to the live streaming class.
If you have any questions or need assistance prior to class, please reach out to McKissock Learning by e-mail at email@example.com or call us at 1-800-328-2008. (If you have questions during class, please raise your hand or ask a question in chat.)
Frequently asked questions
Here's a list of frequently asked questions and answers regarding live streaming (scroll down to the Live Streaming Classes section of the FAQ page). It includes answers to questions such as, "How do I know if I have a microphone and webcam?" and "What if I have licenses in more than one state?"
Accessing the course
Option 1: Student dashboard
On the day of your class, log into your McKissock.com account and go to My Courses. Click Live Stream at the top of the page. Find the class and click Open Webinar, then you'll be taken directly to your class.
Option 2: Email invites
Alternatively, you can join directly from the email invite you receive from firstname.lastname@example.org 24-hours and 1-hour before the course starts. This email includes the meeting number, the password (if one is required), and a link to the URL. It will look similar to the email below:
A. Date and start time of class—you may need to adjust to your time zone.
B. Meeting number and password.
C. The Webex URL link to click to attend the class.
Joining the class
- Click the URL link in the student dashboard or email invite to enter the session. A screen will populate that includes a Join Session Now box (see below).
- Enter your name and email address (same email address that you used to enroll).
- Enter the session password (if required).
- Click Join Now.
We do not recommend selecting the Join by browser option as some of the session’s functionality may be lost.
Note: You cannot click the Join Now button until the host has started the session. You may have to refresh the page closer to the recommended joining time (usually 30 minutes prior to the class start time). You will see the message below and the join now button will not be accessible until the host starts the training session.
- If you’ve joined Webex Training sessions before, follow the prompts to join and then skip below to "Join the integrated voice conference".
- If this is your first time using Webex Training, you will be prompted to add Webex to your browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc.) as a Cisco Webex Extension. If you don’t wish to add the extension, you may run a temporary application to join this class. Allow at least 5 minutes to add the extension or download the temporary application. The temporary application performs the same as adding the extension to your browser.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to allow the Webex extension or temporary application to download and open. Below are some tips for the different browsers:
Chrome or Edge
Temporary Application: Click on the .exe file that appears in the lower left corner of your browser window:
Once the file is done downloading, click on the up caret ^ and open and run the file.
Extension Add: If you agree to these terms, add to Chrome (or other browser)
Temporary Application: Click Save File on the prompt window.
Click the arrow in the upper right corner of the browser window, then click on the download .exe file.
Click the Go here link.
On the page that appears, click Run a temporary application
Click Run on the dialog box that appears.
Join the integrated voice conference
- After you join the Webex training session, a pop-up box about an integrated voice conference will appear and ask if you want to participate. Select Yes.
- You should now be able to view the Webex Training Session.
- Menu Toolbar: Allows access to the meeting tools and functions.
- Content Viewer: Displays the PowerPoint presentation, documents, or whiteboard as presented by the instructor or host.
- Panels: Provides areas for chat, Q&A, and attendee controls.
- Panel Toolbar: Allows access to the different available panels to display on your screen.
See you in class!